News @ Noon: Update on Geringhoff, 5 Questions With Janelle Kendall
ST. CLOUD – Tomorrow (Monday) we’re debuting our new show called “The News @ Noon” on WJON, in the noon hour (of course).
The show is being powered by the WJON news team, with myself as the host.
Some of the regular features planned for the show include:
– “The Top 5 Stories on WJON.com” – we’ll start the show with the five most popular stories on our website, and also share with you some of the comments about the stories that we’re getting both on our website and also on our Facebook page. If you haven’t Liked us on Facebook yet, now would be a great time to do it. It’s a way for you to be a part of the show.
– “5 Questions with..” – It’s a short segment where we’ll be talking with familiar names and voices in our community, letting you get to know them a little bit better. My first “victim” is Stearns County Attorney Janelle Kendall. What does she do when she’s outside the courtroom?
– “Trending on Twitter” – These days when big events happen, people are turning to social media to talk about it. We’ll take a look at what some of the hot topics are, from the unusual to the issues of national importance. Follow WJON News on Twitter. Also, you can follow me on Twitter too.
– “In The Hot Seat” – It’s a chance for us to go more in depth with our news coverage. We’ll bring in guests to talk about topics that may have an impact on you. The topics will range from local, to statewide, to national and international. On Monday’s show I’ll be talking with the leaders of Geringhoff, and getting an update on their progress of getting their production facility up and running.
– The “Last Word” – Right before the end of the show, I’ll open up the phone lines and give one caller the chance to have the last word. But, it has to be on a subject that we talked about during the “News @ Noon” show for that day.
We’ll also be putting poll questions up on our website from time to time, and asking the audience weigh-in.