Contact Us

Mora Fire Ruled Accidental

MORA – Investigators believe a fire that killed three people in Mora last week was accidental.  They also say smoke alarms at the building were not working properly.

The preliminary investigation by the State Fire Marshal indicates the fire started in the living room of one of the apartments in the four-unit building.

Investigators say the hardwired smoke detectors were not working, and the battery operated smoke detectors were either removed or had their battery removed.

A father and son and a neighbor all died in the fire.  A fourth person suffered serious injuries.

Previous story

More News from WJON

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!