Minnesota’s Top Ten Pet Peeves
Yesterday, I took a Facebook poll, asking you this question: What is your BIGGEST pet peeve?I had over 70 responses, and here's what we found out.
WHAT BOTHERS MINNESOTANS THE MOST?
- TRAFFIC/DRIVING ISSUES- Cars need to give truckers more time and space - 80,000 pounds of truck is not easy to maneuver, and it takes time to move a vehicle of that size. Texting and driving, plus not understanding the laws when it comes to merging, using blinkers, yielding and cruising in the fast lane. Also people driving UNDER the speed limit, (DON'T BE A LOSER; DON'T BE A LEFT LANE CRUISER), and having to get out in the cold to start your car.
- MINNESOTA PRONOUNCIATIONS AND BAD GRAMMAR Examples: saying Prolly, instead of probably; Saying 'these ones' or 'those ones' instead of saying this one, or those, or these; will you borrow me a.... instead of saying 'may I borrow'.
- INAPPROPRIATE TEXTING ISSUES - I think most of you know what I mean. Texting and driving; texting when you're at the check out counter of a grocery store, gas station or restaurant.
- PEOPLE WHO FEEL IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO DISRUPT OTHER PEOPLES LIVES
- PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY ARE GOING TO THAW THEIR MEAT.
- PUTTING YOUR ICE HOUSE TOO CLOSE TO SOMEONE ELSE'S.
- LEAVING DOORS OPEN- CABINETS, DRAWERS, ETC.
- MINNESOTA NICE- WHY DO WE HAVE TO TALK TO EVERYONE AT THE STORE AND SAY GOODBYE 5 TIMES. Minnesotans can't get anything done for having an hour long conversation with every person they meet in the grocery store...and then saying good bye five times before they actually leave the scene.
- PEOPLE WHO SPEAK BEFORE CHECKING THEIR FACTS- This is self explanatory.
- GUM CHEWERS- Smacking your gum, spitting your gum out where other people can step on it, or putting your chewed gum on the counter instead of in the garbage can.
OTHER PET PEEVES:
- OTHER MINNESOTANS
- PEOPLE SAYING WE TALK LIKE THE CHARACTERS IN THE MOVIE 'FARGO'
- COLD HOTDISH
- MINNESOTA WEATHER - COLD TODAY AND HOT TOMORROW
- DIRTY KITCHENS
- PEOPLE SHOPPING IN THEIR PAJAMAS
- PEOPLE WHO DON'T PICK UP THEIR DOG'S POOP