MAPLEWOOD, Minn. (AP) - A 31-year-old man is dead after an apparent home invasion in Maplewood.

Police and paramedics were called to the home in the eastern Twin Cities just before 5 a.m. Saturday on a report that a resident had been shot. Authorities arrived to find the man dead of a gunshot wound.

Maplewood Police Chief Paul Schnell says officers found signs of forced entry to the home. Schnell says a woman was in another area of the home at the time of the shooting and was not hurt. She is being questioned by investigators.

Reports say police searched the area but have not made any arrests.