Contact Us

Minnesota Man Dies in Fire Caused by Unattended Cooking

FireST. PAUL (AP) — Authorities say a fatal fire in St. Paul was caused by unattended cooking.

Firefighters responded to smoke coming from a duplex just after 12:45 a.m. Sunday. They put out the fire quickly and found an unresponsive 31-year-old man in a back bedroom. He died at Regions Hospital.

A Fire Department statement says the food he was cooking caught fire and the blaze spread to the kitchen cabinets, producing large amounts of smoke and gutting the kitchen. The man was home alone at the time. His name has not been released.

Unattended cooking is the leading cause of building fires in Minnesota. It’s the first fire death in St. Paul this year. It’s been just over a year since the last one.

More News from WJON

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!