Minnesota Army National Guard Deploying 2,400 Soldiers To Iraq
ST. PAUL -- The Minnesota Army National Guard is sending 2,400 soldiers to Iraq.
The one-year deployment of the Bloomington based 1st Brigade Combat Team, 34th Infantry Division, will help in support of Operation New Dawn. Their deployment will begin on May 22nd.
This is the second largest deployment of Minnesota soldiers since World War II.
The following units will deploy with the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 34th Infantry Division:
- the 2nd Battalion, 135th Infantry , based in Mankato;
- the 1st Regiment, 194th Armor, based in Brainerd;
- the 1st Squadron, 94th Cavalry, based in Duluth;
- the 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery, based in New Ulm;
- the 1st Brigade Special Troops Battalion based in Bloomington;
- and the 134th Brigade Support Battalion based at Camp Ripley.