Man Hurt, Home Total Loss in Watkins Fire
WATKINS - A Watkins man was hurt in a house fire on Thursday morning.
The fire happened just before 3:00 a.m. in the 67,600 block of 395th Street.
The Meeker County Sheriff's Office says 54-year-old Paul Schmitt was the only person in the home. He received non-life threatening burns and was taken to St. Cloud Hospital.
The blaze appears to have started in the area of a wood burning stove. The home was a total loss.
Responding units included Watkins fire and rescue, Watkins ambulance, Eden Valley fire and rescue and Kimball fire.