Kelly’s Corner – What Are Your Favorite & Least Favorite Smells?
SMELL THAT COFFEE GOODNESS......
When I was a kid, everybody smoked....everybody. When you'd ride in the car, it was an aggrevation for smokers to have to open a window for non smokers so we could get some fresh air. Now that smoking has taken a back seat, the new addictions of choice are caffeine and sugar. A new poll found that these five smells make us feel most at home.
YOUR TOP FAVORITE SMELLS AT HOME:
- Coffee Brewing: Even if we don't drink coffee, people, just like me will brew a cup in the morning simply to smell that wonderful aroma. I drink it sometimes, but I think just because I love the smell. It's calming for me.
- Cookies Baking: Cookies? Are you kidding? I'm the queen of comfort foods. Give me cookies baking and a tall glass of milk to finish them off.
- Clean sheets: I don't know why, but when your sheets are clean, you can sleep so much better. Day old sheets are out of the question. Give me those clean fresh smelling sheets every day!
- Who doesn't love smell of a pot roast filling your home with it's tasty aroma?
- Pasta sauce: You always know when spaghetti is going to be served. That delicious pasta sauce smell gets me every time.
SMELLS WE HATE:
- Cigarette Smoke: Need I say more. I do want to thank today's smoker's for being a lot more thoughtful by going outside, or rolling down windows. It is very much appreciated by me.
- Garbage: Take out the garbage. Put some old food or wrappers in that can, and pretty soon it will scare everybody out of the house.
- The Litter Box: OH Yes! Luckily, Mr. Beam loves to use the restroom outdoors, so I very rarely have to change the litter box. But bellieve me, I have scented cat litter, and a three layer litter control system to make sure my house never has that icky litter scent.
- Mold & Mildew: It's not only a smell that keeps you up all night, it can also be a sign that your home isn't safe.
- Fish: I love to eat fish, but a day old wrapper in the garbage can make everyone run for cover.
MY ADDITIONS TO THE GROSS LIST:
- SMELLY WET SHOES
- BAD PERFUME OR COLOGNE
- WET DOG
- SWEATY CLOTHES