UNDATED -- There is less than a week before the tax filing deadline, but you can get a six-month extension with relative ease.

The tax filing deadline is Tuesday, April 17th, but you can get an automatic extension by filling out Form 4868. That can be found through the "Free File" link on IRS.gov.

Filing the form gives you until October 15th to file a return but it doesn't give you an extension of time to pay.

By filling out Form 4868, you must estimate your tax liability and pay any amount due by the April 17th deadline.