ST. PAUL (AP) - The St. Paul Fire Department says workers trying to clear an ice dam from a house this week accidentally started a fire.

Firefighters were called to the house Tuesday. Workers who had been trying to clear the dam from the roof needed water for their steam, but the faucet appeared to be frozen.

The workers tried to thaw the faucet with a torch. A fire investigator says more than an hour after the workers left, the homeowner discovered the fire in a wall.

No one was hurt. Damage is estimated at $2,500.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)