House Fire Causes About $20,000 in Damages
DARWIN --- Fire crews were called to a house fire in Meeker County Sunday afternoon.
The incident happened just before 3:30 p.m. in the 23400 block of 685th Avenue in Darwin Township.
The Meeker County Sheriff's Office says the homeowner, 46-year-old Allen Hanson, was not home and having his friend take care of his animals when the friend noticed Hanson's house on fire.
Fire crews were able to put out the blaze but the fire did cause about $20,000 in damages.
It's believed a heat lamp inside a doghouse next to the home was the cause of the fire.
Officials say no one was hurt or animals lost as a result of the fire.