The Buffalo Bison defeated the Tech Tigers 83-75 in 5 overtimes in the Section 8-4A Finals from Monticello High School Thursday night. Buffalo advances to play in the State Tournament against a yet to be determined opponent. Andy Foley led the Tigers with 29 points. The Bison were led by Sam Ortman, who scored 22 points.

Both teams traded buckets throughout most of the first half. The Tigers started to build a lead with 5 minutes left in the first half when they led by as many as 7 at 22-15. The Bison held their ground but Tech was able to hit 2 free throws just before halftime to push the lead to 9 at 28-19. Andy Foley lead the Tigers with 20 points. After being tied at 13, the Tigers closed the first half on a 15-6 run. Buffalo was led in scoring by Levi Bean and Jonathan Senger with 4 points each.

In the second half, the Bison started to draw closer, cutting the lead to 3 at 42-39 halfway through the second half. The Tigers made a few baskets but Buffalo got their first 3 a few minutes later to tie the score at 44. After a bucket by the Tigers, the Bison hit a 3 to take their first lead of the second half at 47-46. The Tigers get a basket and a free throw to go back ahead 49-47. After Buffalo tied the score at 49, the Tigers got a free throw from Andy Foley to give the Tigers another 1 point lead at 50-49. After another lead change the Tigers got 2 more free throws from Andy Foley to reclaim the lead at 52-51. After an offensive foul on Buffalo, the Tigers lost control of the ball and fouled Buffalo with 10 seconds left. The Bison missed the first free throw, but made the second to tie the score at 52. The Tigers had a potential winning layup waived off due to a travel, and Buffalo was unable to muster up a shot with 2 seconds left and the game went to overtime.

Both teams traded baskets in overtime and the first overtime period ended with the score tied at 59. In the second overtime the Tigers got 3 pointers from Isaac Matchinsky and Jake Martig to take a 4 point lead. The Bison tied the score and the game went to a third overtime. Andy Foley fouled out in the third overtime but neither team was able get the go-ahead score and the game went to a 4th overtime.

In the 4th overtime, Jake Martig hit 2 free throws with 1:22 left to give the Tigers a 73-71 lead. After Buffalo tied the score, the Tigers missed 2 free throws and the Bison couldn't convert on a last second shot. In the fifth overtime the Bison pulled away and didn't look back to hang on for the victory. The Tigers finish the season with a record of 24-4.

Final 3 Minutes of Regulation -

1st Overtime -

2nd Overtime -

3rd Overtime -

4th Overtime -

5th Overtime -