Contact Us

Grayson’s Berryland Offers A Real Sweet Treat [VIDEO]

 

CLEAR LAKE — Take a step out of your car and the aroma of fresh sweet berries fills the air. Grayson’s Berryland has been growing and selling berries for thirty years, provide a real sweet treat to its customers.

“Grayson’s Berryland was started by my brother (Paul) and I in 1983, and we have been at this location in Clear Lake for thirty years,” says Gary Gray.

Berryland grows strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries on its ten acres of land. A hobby that helped fill a void during down time of crop season.

“Growing and selling berries was a time slot that we were kind of slow at the rest of the farm,” says Gray. “It filled a void for us to have something else to offer to the public.”

When it comes to picking the berries, the staff picks about 60 percent of the fields. The other 40 percent is opened for the public to pick their own berries, something Gray says is best done early in the morning when the weather is nice.

Grayson’s Berryland is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday at 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and Sunday at 8:00 a.m. to Noon.

But if you want pick some berries for yourself you will want to hurry as berry season for Grayson’s Berryland will end next week.

“This will probably be our last week,” says Gray. “We probably have this week to the end of next weekend.”

 

Fresh ripe strawberries await at Grayson’s Berryland. (Photo: Alex Svejkovsky, WJON News)

More News from WJON

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!