‘Granite City On Tap’ Beer Festival Allows Hard Cider Fans to Sample, Find Favorites
I'm a big fan of hard ciders, especially this time of year. Not that there's anything wrong with beer or wine, but I really appreciate the not-so-sweet taste (and kick) of a good cider in the fall.
Here's the rub. It's hard to find a good variety of ciders at any one bar. They may have one or two to try, but typically you get what they have. And at a liquor store, you generally have to commit to a six-pack of bottles of something you may not have tried before and may or may not like.
That's why I'm pretty excited about the Granite City On Tap beer festival going on Saturday at the Benton County Fairgrounds in Sauk Rapids.
Not only will they have dozens of craft beers to sample (hooray!), but they'll have a bunch of hard ciders to try. That should help in my search for my perfect go-to cider.
Who's coming to the party?
- From Angry Orchard, "Crisp Apple" and "Cinnful";
- From the Cider Boys cider mill, "First Press" and "Magic Apple";
- From Crispin, "Original" and "HoneyCrisp Bomber";
- From Johnny Appleseed, "Johnny Appleseed";
- From Redd's, "Red's Apple Ale" and "Red's Strawberry Ale";
- From Smith & Forge, "Smith & Forge Hard Cider";
- From Woodchuck, "Amber" and "Ginger."
I've tried a few of these already, but with a dozen ciders to sample, I hope to do some serious research.
Care to join me?