Firework Blows Up In Zimmerman Man’s Hand
ZIMMERMAN - A Zimmerman man suffered injuries to his hand while lighting fireworks.
The Sherburne County Sheriff's Office says the incident happened at about 7:00 p.m. yesterday (Monday).
Thirty-three-year-old Jeffery Vane sustained severe injuries to his left hand, and minor injuries to his face and right hand, when the firework went off in his hand.
Witnesses say the firework had a short fuse and that Vane was trying to light the fuse and then throw it.
Vane was air lifted to North Memorial Hospital.