Fire That Heavily Damaged Duluth Church Ruled Accidental
DULUTH - The Duluth Fire Department says a fire that caused estimated damages of roughly $900,000 to a church was accidental.
Fire Marshal Marnie Grondahl said the Feb. 18 fire at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church was caused by electrical wiring. The fire began in the void above the plaster ceiling and burned for hours until smoke reached a detector and alerted the fire department around 5:30 a.m.
The congregation has been forced to meet elsewhere because of the fire.
The church was founded in 1870 by Swedish immigrants and has been at its current location since 1906.