RICE - A rural Rice man escaped injury after his house started on fire. Rice fire chief Scott Janski says they were called to the fire just after 5:00 p.m. yesterday (Sunday) at 14064 55th Avenue Northeast in Graham Township, just east of Rice.

Jansky says the homeowner was trying to start a wood stove with a flammable liquid when the fire got out of control.

The mobile home is a total loss.

The Foley fire department assisted in putting out the fire.

The Red Cross is helping the homeowner with a place to stay.