Contact Us

Fire Department: Child with Lighter Starts House Fire

FireST. CLOUD – A child playing with a lighter is the cause of a house fire in south St. Cloud.

Fire crews were called to the home at 1721 9th Avenue South at about 12:30 p.m. yesterday (Monday).

The child started a mattress on fire in the basement.  The resident tried to pull the mattress from the home, which also started a fire on the porch.  Meanwhile, a pan with oil was cooking on the stove at the time, which also started on fire.

Four people where in the home at the time, they were treated for smoke inhalation.

The damage estimate is $70,000.

More News from WJON

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!