Farm Equipment Sparks Grass Fire Near Avon
HOLDING TOWNSHIP - A grass fire burned two acres of land in Avon on Wednesday.
The Stearns County Sheriff's Office says the incident happened at about 4:45 p.m. at 39603 County Road 151.
The owner of the property, 59-year-old Eldred Jonas was bailing corn stalks in the field when he noticed the fire.
The Holdingford Fire Department put out the blaze and says two acres of grass burned. It's believed farm equipment may have sparked the fire.
No buildings were in danger from the blaze.