Electrical Outlet Caused Downtown Minneapolis Fire
MINNEAPOLIS -- Officials say a faulty electrical outlet caused a three-alarm fire at a historic apartment building in downtown Minneapolis.
The fire broke out in the three-story brick building last Sunday.
The blaze sent smoke billowing hundreds of feet into the sky. It took firefighters about two hours to get the fire under control.
No one was hurt, but a 12-year-old cat died in the fire despite attempts to save it.
The building is one of the last surviving historic apartment buildings near downtown Minneapolis' central business district.