District 742 Accepting Donations Of Supplies Lost In Roosevelt Fire
ST. CLOUD - The St. Cloud Area school district now has a plan in place to accept donated materials and supplies that were lost in the Roosevelt school fire. A lightning strike late Saturday night started the fire, and fire crews determined on Sunday morning that the building needed to be demolished.
The two drop-off locations and time-frames are:
Apollo High School- South parking lot
1000 44th Ave N, St. Cloud MN
Tues-Thurs, June 24th, 25th and 26th
8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Once Upon a Child- front door
110 2nd St. S Suite 101, Waite Park
Collection runs now – June 29th
Mon-Fri 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sat 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
Sun 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Items that are of most need at this time are:
- New Consumable Instructional Materials such as construction paper, crayons, washable children’s markers, washable nontoxic paint, glue sticks and elmers glue, children’s scissors, copy paper, etc.
- New Toys and Education Materials for ages Birth-4 such as wood puzzles w/ nobs, shape sorters, ball poppers, legos and duplos, wood blocks, cars and trucks, etc.
- New or Gently Used Board Books and Children’s Books
- Totes and Storage Bins of all Sizes
They are not able to accept stuffed animals, furniture, bikes and trikes.
Also, in addition to the Early Childhood Programs, the fire resulted in the loss of materials and supplies that had been collected for children and students who are experiencing homelessness. The following are the items/supplies that will need to be replaced:
- School supplies
- Bus passes
- New socks and underwear
- Clothing for School Aged Students
- 50 New winter coats, hats and mittens