Deadly St. Cloud House Fire Ruled Accidental
ST. CLOUD - A house fire that claimed the life of a St. Cloud man has been ruled accidental, and the investigation is over.
According to the St. Cloud Fire Department, the fire at 520 8th Avenue South in St. Cloud started in the kitchen due to two stove burners left on high.
Officials say the victim, 23 year year old Kyle Kopischke, did not have a working smoke detector in his room and the house did not have a sprinkler system.
Another victim, 22 year old Kevin Murphy of St. Cloud, was treated for injuries and smoke inhalation.
Alcohol is believed to be a contributing factor in the fire.