Couple Injured Trying To Save TV From Fire
ST. PAUL, (AP) - Two people were taken to the hospital after they tried saving their flat-screen TV as their apartment burned in St. Paul.
Firefighters say the couple's apartment was filled with smoke as they tried to disconnect the TV Sunday at their apartment building. St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard says firefighters had to tell the couple to leave the TV and exit the apartment.
Zaccard says the two were treated for smoke inhalation at Regions Hospital. Zaccard says the incident serves as a warning that in the event of a fire, leave belongings behind. They can be replaced. Your life can't be.