Central Minnesota Camps For Kids: PART 7: Vex STAR Camp
WHAT IS A VEX "STARS" CAMP
A very intense weeklong camp with high school teachers, college faculty and students as mentors and teachers to assure the highest quality and integrity of the experience.
WHAT WILL YOUR KIDS LEARN AT VEX CAMP
- Build, operate, re-engineer a VEX robot.
- Rotation through manufacturing related programs of welding, mechanical design, machine tool, and electronics.
- Introduction to 360 etech course CMAE 1554 Digital Electronics as it relates to Vex robotics to provide an introductory experience to 360 etech.
- Guided tour and discussion in 1-2 local industries that use robotics to profile manufacturing careers relating to robotics, mechanical design, welding, and machine tool.
- Teams will build a robot for competition with an optional tournament to be held at the Benton County Fair.
VEX STARS camp will:
The goal of the VEX program is to give high school students a well-rounded experience with manufacturing and Robotics, and provide them with an understanding of Robotics, and how the concepts are used in industry. The goal is to also help students understand career options in manufacturing.
WHO CAN ATTEND VEX STAR CAMP
Dates: Week-long camps, 6.5 hours per day, starting:
GET REGISTERED TODAY
Cost of the camp varies per location, and depends on if your school is involved in the program. For details, and to get registered today, contact Tom Garberick 320-308-5213 firstname.lastname@example.org or Aaron Barker 320-308-6518 email@example.com.