Carbon Monoxide Forces 10 from Apartment Building
COLUMBIA HEIGHTS, Minn. (AP) - A carbon monoxide leak forced 10 people out of an apartment building in northeast Minneapolis.
Firefighters were called to the mixed commercial and residential building around 7:45 p.m. Saturday on reports of residents experiencing headaches and feeling nauseous, which can be symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Crews identified a malfunctioning heating system as the potential culprit.
Authorities brought in Metro Transit buses to shelter the residents as well as medical personnel and utility crews before taking the residents to get checked out at Hennepin County Medical Center.