Contact Us

Carbon Monoxide Apparent Cause Of Fish House Death

Minnesota NewsATWATER¬† (AP) — Kandiyohi County sheriff’s officials say the death of a man found unresponsive in a fish house is apparently the result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Authorities received a 911 call about 9 a.m. Sunday from a friend who found the man in his fish house on Lake Elizabeth near Atwater. The man was rushed to Rice Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The Atwater Fire Department was called back to the scene to help a Willmar paramedic with the person who had discovered the man. That person was suffering from respiratory problems and was taken to the hospital.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

More News from WJON

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!