UPDATE: Sartell Apartments Evacuated After Light Fixture Falls Down and Catches Fire
SARTELL-- The Sartell Police Department and the Sartell Fire Department responded to a call after fire detectors went off shortly before 8:00 p.m. (Friday) today at 1531 7th Ave S Heritage Village Apartments.
Fire Chief Jim Sattler said a light fixture from the main first level of the apartment fell down and started a fire on that level. By the time fire crews arrived the owner of the apartment had already put out the fire.
No one was hurt and residents were allowed to return inside. The estimated cost of damage for the fire was three thousand dollars.