BBB Offers Tips For Shopping Online on Cyber Monday
UNDATED -- With the biggest online shopping day of the year ahead, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) offers these tips for shopping online, especially on Cyber Monday.
- The BBB says you should protect your computer by having the latest anti-virus software and a secure firewall.
- Try to do your shopping on trustworthy websites, check the website's customer satisfaction rating on the BBB's website.
- Watch out for websites and e-mails with suspiciously low prices.
- Beware of "phishing" -- legitimate businesses do not send e-mails requesting financial information.
- Make sure your online purchase is secure by looking for the "https://" in the address box.
- Keep documentation of your order and check your credit card statements to make sure there aren't any unauthorized charges.
- Finally, know your rights -- if a seller doesn't ship the item within the promised time, they must notify you and give you a chance to cancel the purchase or receive a full refund.