Animal Apparently Chewed Through Pipe That Cause CO Death
MINNETONKA, Minn. (AP) - Hennepin County sheriff's investigators have released more information about the carbon monoxide death of a 7-year-old girl on Lake Minnetonka.
Sophia Baechler was boating on the lake with her family Oct. 11 and went below deck to the cabin to rest.
Investigators say there was a hole in an exhaust pipe that ran under the lower cabin area and that the hole was consistent with an animal chewing through the pipe.
The girl was found unresponsive and died at Hennepin County Medical Center.
Sophia was a second grader at Concord Elementary School in Edina. A funeral service was held Friday at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church in Edina.