Contact Us

AAA predicts More Holiday Travelers

ElvertBarnes, Flickr

UNDATED — AAA says more people will travel during the upcoming holidays.

AAA is projecting 91.9 million Americans will travel during the 11 day year-end holiday period between December 23rd and January 2nd. That’s an increase of 1.4%.

59% of travelers feel the economy has either no impact on their travel plans or they feel like things have improved for them. The remaining 41% plan to scale back their travel because of economic concerns.

Traveling by car is the top choice among holiday travelers where 91% plan to take to the roadways. That’s up 2.1%.

Air travel is down nearly 10%.

More people will take the train, bus or other modes of transportation…in fact 4.2% more.

And, travelers will also pay more for hotels but less for rental cars this year.

More News from WJON

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://wjon.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on AM 1240 WJON quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!